Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Same As It Ever Was

J-Tron is at it again. Hard to believe, I know, but true. From the man who famously said "economics is something I don't understand as well as I should" we get yet another bad idea (are we just supposed to forget that he actually said that? I mean if I said "high profile political robots are something that I don't understand as well as I should" would you continue to read this blog?)

Hey, everyone, its a Summer Gas Tax Holiday! Like its predessors "pro-life", "death tax" and, my favorite, the teaching of creationism as "educational freedom", the gas tax holiday is packaged in the most appealing of terms.

Turns out, the gas tax holiday, actually will be quite similar to the real holiday season as conjured images of snow-covered evergreens and happy families fade to reality ( so and so is gay/smokes too much pot/ married a goy/got a divorce/doesn't have a job/moved to Micronesia to avoid paying taxes/etc....)

To explain why this gas tax holiday will suck so much, I refer you to a man much smarter than I. I don't understand economics as well as a should, but at least I have enough good sense to refer to my betters.

Tom Friedman does a great job in his column, "Dumb As We Wanna Be" and I urge you to take a look.

Oh, and by the way, guess which Democratic candidate running for president supports this initiative? Let your imagination run wild....

No comments: